Saturday, July 7, 2007

Shopping Cart Law Problems

" I know that it is important to you that this "Shopping Cart" law is followed, but I need to say I can not see how it is. The e-mail I received last Thursday, to be exact, tells me that a sweep will be done this week, and as far as I see it has not been. Unless the areas that I will mention next have for some reason been missed. I'm quoting the law. "Shopping Cart Law" 420-2. Abandon - The leaving, discarding, dumping or placing of private property, which shall include shopping carts, in a public place or private property other than the place of the person who makes the shopping cart available to the public. I would hope that this means that the store that leaves these carts abandoned is also included in breaking this law? There have been at least a dozen that I could count (and maybe more) green Christmas Tree Shoppe shopping carts splattered around Central Ave. in the same place for more than a week as of 7P.M tonight. Also a Michael's shopping cart on the sidewalk in front of 111 North Central Park Ave. for at least two weeks, not to say dozens of Pathmark carts all over the place not in there own shopping center. Can you tell me why the this so called sweep has not been done or why these same carts that have been in the same place have not been picked up. If the town really cares how we look then why hasn't anything been done? "


-An e-mail from Mark Tenzer to Paul Feiner, John Kapica, Al Regula, and the Town Board.

No comments: